Will I be Fit by Forty?

Monday, July 25, 2011

Who Are You Walking With?

The other day I was on my way to my kettlebell class.  On the radio they were talking about this new personality test that is just one question and is supposed to tell you what kind of person you are.

You are supposed to answer this question with the very first thing that pops into your head.

Are you ready?

You are walking through the woods.  Who is with you?

Most people answered with things like a boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse, child, parents, dog, etc.  One person said they were walking with Bear Grylls.  And although I think he's yummy, I'm not sure what kind of woods they thought they were walking through.

Are you ready for my answer?

Myself

At first I thought I must be some sort of self-centered socio-path.

But then it hit me.  It makes perfect sense.  For the first time in a long time (if not ever) I am being selfish - selfish of my food choices, of the time I'm putting aside for exercise.  I'm putting me first.

And I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment