Will I be Fit by Forty?

Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Exercise Class

Two weeks ago I was sitting on the couch in a funky mood.  I had gained four pounds in the past 3 1/2 weeks and just felt like I needed to shake things up.

The next day, a Living Social deal hit my inbox for a month of Kettlebell Classes.  I decided that it was the sign that I needed.  I signed up that day and had my three hour orientation class on Saturday.

Three hours......doing things I have never done before.

It was hard.

It was harder then hard.

It was painful.

And I loved it!

I couldn't walk, sit down, stand up, or go up or down stairs for the next three days.  I really thought that I would never walk normally again, let alone run.

But, my body slowly repaired itself.  I went to my first actual class on Tuesday and I couldn't believe how quickly it went.

I have another class tomorrow morning and I'm actually looking forward to it.

I'm really hoping this will be a good addition to my running.  This will really work my core and my arms which are two areas I really need to work on.

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that you're back to blogging! I've missed your writing. You are doing amazing things, miss. Congratulations on your loss so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you're blogging about this journey. You know I've been stalking your exercise/health/diet for a while now. Go, Kim, GO!

    Peace and Hugs,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete